Head of Customer Engineering
As the Head of Customer Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the success and growth of our company. You will lead customer engagements from the initial phase and throughout deployment and production. You will be perceived as a world-class expert for customers helping them accelerate and learn new technologies and methodologies. The engineering team will support you and together ensure that our solutions not only meet but exceed customer expectations. This role combines technical expertise with customer-centricity, making it a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who's passionate about building, innovating, and driving projects from inception to completion.
- Lead engagement end-to-end and write POC playbooks and automation tools to optimize time-to-value. In the process, deliver exceptional technical support & consultation to our prospects.
- Collaborate closely with customers to understand their specific needs, challenges, and goals, acting as their trusted advisor, to define use cases and clear scopes of engagement.
- Lead as a domain authority in Development Operations (DevOps) to the sales team and technical lead on strategic client relationships in large Financial Services, Media, Web, Telecom and other industry verticals.
- Lead pre-sales engineering solutions including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural guidance, sales campaign support and ongoing client relationships.
- Ability to provide authoritative guidance on DevOps concepts with strong skills in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall Squid Cloud technology portfolio and the competitive landscape.
- Work closely with key client executive decision makers on product evaluations and proof of concepts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives.
- Translate customer requirements into actionable technical plans, working closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure solutions are aligned with customer expectations. Drive the end-to-end project management process, from project initiation, planning, execution, and monitoring, all the way to successful delivery.
- Act as a world expert in relevant technology domains, representing the company at industry events and conferences, and providing thought leadership.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and issues, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within scope.
- Continuously improve and optimize our customer engineering processes and practices.
- Business experience with in-depth understanding the value of the product to present ROI value to the customer.
- Successful implementation and delivery of customer projects, meeting or exceeding customer expectations from the outset. Setting clear goals and timelines internally and externally.
- Convert POC and initial problem set into paid accounts. Enable a customer-obsessed environment where team members can relentlessly champion and advocate for our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues.
- High-quality technical support to resolve customer challenges and challenges in a timely and effective manner.
- Clear and effective communication with customers and internal teams, fostering strong collaboration and alignment.
- Thought leadership contributions, such as whitepapers, blog posts, and presentations at industry events.
- Continuous improvement in customer engineering processes and practices across the company, documentation, samples, leading to enhanced customer satisfaction and project success.
- Own playbooks for best practices to scale up, automate everything possible in the processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure with a deep understanding of cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- 5+ years Technical Solution / Pre-Sales / Customer Engineering experience or equivalent experience hands on and in leadership roles.
- Strong hands-on experience with TypeScript application development. Requires using Squid Cloud and working with customers. Able to write SQL commands, scripts, and APIs quickly and proficiently.
- A track record of successfully delivering and managing complex Enterprise technical projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with, empathize with, and inspire both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial, finding creative, iterative solutions to challenges and breaking down large obstacle to smaller and more achievable milestones.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD, Kubernetes, App Dev, Databases, GenAI and APIs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a world expert, providing innovative solutions and thought leadership in relevant technology domains.
- Passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest technology trends and innovations.
- A strong sense of humility and desire to collaborate and and work as a team with the entire company, its customers, and its partners.
- Experience leading global F500 Enterprise projects end-to-end.
- Energetic and excited to work in a fast paced global environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with a talented and driven team in a fast-paced startup environment. If you are passionate about technology and have a drive to make an impact, reach out to us!